We were challenged to create a tasty dish to pair with Krombacher Beer, with just four ingredients.
So I got my chef husband Chris in the kitchen to come up with a dish as he loves cooking food and he likes drinking beer.
Here’s what he rustled up for us…
Butter Bean and Chorizo Stew:
1 tin butter beans
1 tin chopped tomatoes
50 g Chorizo
Pesto to taste
Heat the pan and fry the raw Chorizo for 2-3 minutes until starting to brown. Add the butter beans and chopped tomatoes and cook for 15 minutes, stirring, occasionally. Plate up the stew and swirl in the pesto. Crack open your Krombacher and enjoy!
Why four ingredients you ask?
That’s because Krombacher beer follows German Beer Purity Laws (Reinheitsgebot) so beer must only contain four ingredients.
And as Reinheitsgebot is marking it’s 501st anniversary we have a special competition so you can join in the celebrations and win (see below).
COMPETITION: WIN A CRATE OF 24 KROMBACHER BEERS + STYLISH POTTERY GLASS
Or if you’re not on twitter, comment on this post on the blog and/ or on facebook. You can enter as many times as you like with as many different recipe ideas that you want to enter!
E.g. Morrocan Tagine: Dates, tomatoes, mushrooms and spinach.
Crustless quiche: Eggs, onions, mushrooms and peppers.
Competition closes on Sunday May 28th at midnight (GMT). Terms & conditions at the bottom of this post.
If you want another recipe to get your ideas flowing… Chris also made this snack:
Chipotle Chicken and Chips (Or if you’re a vegetarian like me use a Quorn fillet).
Germany Beer Purity Laws/Reinheitsgebot Background
- The Reinheitsgebot – sometimes called the German Brewing Laws or German Purity Laws
- The oldest piece of food and drink legislation in the world
- Started in 1516 and stating that only 4 ingredients could be used in the production of beer – Hops, malted barley, yeast and water.
- It is the 501st anniversary of the Reinheitsgebot on the 23rd
- The law ensures no additional adjuncts, preservatives and additives can be added to the brew. Ensures purity, taste quality.
- Beers brewed to the Reinheitsgebot are also suitable for vegans/vegetarians as some brands use animal products in the filtering of the beer
- The largest brewery in Germany and the biggest family owned and operated brewery in Europe, Krombacher beers have been produced exclusively in Krombach since 1803 according to the German Beer Purity Law of 1516.
- With sixty glasses of Krombacher drunk every second in Germany and its Pils being enjoyed more than any other Pilsener, it’s no surprise the brand is seen as the authentic taste of its homeland.
- Relying on artistry, experience and above all the passion, 55 Master Brewers ensure no corners are cut in their pursuit of perfection.
- Combining time-consuming methods of the traditional German brewers’ art with state-of-the art technology, the brewery only uses 100% natural and wholesome ingredients including the finest two-row summer barley, Siegel hops from Hallertau and its own specially cultivated yeast.
- For the precious water, Krombacher beers benefit from the local Felsquellwasser® found in 48 wells within 3km of the brewery. The special water is especially soft and low in mineral content making it perfect for brewing.
- First imported into the UK in 1987, the Krombacher brand has a long relationship with the UK consumer.
- The Krombacher range currently available in the UK includes the Pilsener, Hell, Dark, Weizen, Radler, Low Alcoholic Pils, low alcohol Weizen.
- CONTACT Email – firstname.lastname@example.org, website – krombacher.co.uk, Twitter – @krombacherUK
Facebook, Instagram – /KrombacherUK
- Krombacher is available via Majestic majestic.co.uk, www.beersofeurope.co.uk, and www.noblegreenwines.co.uk
- The beers are also available in pubs, bars, restaurants and hotels throughout the UK.
- Krombacher’s highly praised non and low alcohol range is available from drydrinker.com
Terms and Conditions for competition
* The promoter is Mama Mei whose registered office is at Sophie Mei Lan, Wakefield.
* The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over except employees of Mama Mei and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
* There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
* By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
* Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via MamaMei.co.uk
* Multiple entries from the same person are allowed.
* Closing date for entry will be 28th May 2017. After this date then no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
* No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
* The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
Log on to MamaMei.co.uk for full instructions.
10. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
11. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
12. The prize is as follows: 24 crate of beer + glass.
The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
13. Winners will be chosen at random.
14. The winner will be notified by email and/or DM on Twitter/Facebook and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 7 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
15. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected / is delivered.
16. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
18. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by [English] law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of [England].
19. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current [UK] data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
20. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: email@example.com
21. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.