I’ve joined up with a team of brilliant bloggers to share some of our favourite food ideas for the family (See all the icons at the bottom)…
So let’s kick off with mine!
My Kids breakfast recipe: Scrambled egg sunshine…
As a young child I always looked forward to staying at my Nanny’s flat. It meant scrambled egg sunshines for breakfast, coconut buns for snacks and, lots of love and hugs.
Whilst my Nan (Mary) is sadly no longer here, I’m pleased to say that her sunshines have lived on!
Since starting out on our baby led weaning journey with my eldest – to today – my girls just love a scrambled egg sunshine for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
And it’s as easy as it sounds, so I hope it also becomes a tradition in your household.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 5 Eggs
- A dash of milk
- Salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste
- 4 slices of bread (home-made if your my husband or pre-sliced shop bought loaf if you’re me)
- Margarine/Butter to spread
- Adult additions: If making for an adult as well add a bit of tobasco to the scrambled egg.
- Heat the oil/butter slowly in a saucepan (low heat throughout)
- Whisk the eggs, milk and seasoning together
And remove any shell from the mix!
- Put the bread under the grill
- Add to the pan and scramble with a wooden spoon
- When cooked to your liking place the egg in the middle of two plates
- Then butter the toast (or if you’re weird like me use marmite or almond butter)
- Slice to toast into soldiers
- Then let the kids make their own rays around the egg
- And if you want to add baked beans – these can go in between the rays. Or if you don’t fancy toast you can use bacon as the rays (or if you’re me facon – quorn bacon)
- BUON APPETITO!