Create your own cookies and turn up the heat with your own level of gingerness! Plus you can win a food and drink hamper from Opies (just scroll to the bottom of this post).
350g self raising flour
Pinch of salt
200g golden caster sugar
1 tbsp ground ginger (optional)
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
115g unsalted butter
80g golden syrup
1 large egg, beaten
150g Opies Stem Ginger, finely chopped
10g Opies stem ginger syrup, from the jar
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C/325°F/Gas 3.
- Line three baking trays with baking parchment
- Melt the butter and syrup in a small saucepan, remove from the heat and allow to cool
- Sieve the flour into a large mixing bowl. Add the salt, sugar, ground ginger (if using) and bicarbonate of soda and stir to combine
- Stir in the beaten egg and two thirds of the chopped stem ginger
- Pour the butter mixture over the ingredients and mix thoroughly to bring all the ingredients together to form a dough
- Shape the dough into 20 large balls and place on a baking tray evenly spread apart
- Gently flatten the balls and add a few pieces of the stem ginger on top of each cookie
- bake for 12-15 minutes then remove and cool before eating
To see the hamper you can win and for the full details, click here.
Or to enter straight away, click here and follow the rafflecopter instructions.